I am crazy about peanut butter. Peanut butter in my opion is the nectar of the gods and makes the world go round. These bars are simply amazing and pretty much the equivalent of a snickers bar on the trail.. just without the sugar crash and guilt.
2 dl oats
1 dl peanuts
1.5 dl rice crispies
1 dl honey
1 dl peanut butter
- Melt the honey and peanut butter together at a low temperature
2. put the dry ingredients in the food processor and pulse them together for a few seconds until its the consistency you like.
3. Add the peanut butter mix to the dried ingredients
4. Mix everything together for about a minute or so
5. Mush into bars and place in the refrigerator to cool down a bit
why fridge? some people use oven instead… which is better?
yeah.. It’s purely a personal choice. I throw in the fridge just to chill the heated honey and peanut butter. I find the bars get hard after that and suit me fine. I don’t like having to many processes in making my bars.
But when you take it with you, doesn’t it melt back due to warm/hot weather ? Baking it probably prevents that.
could be the case.. Personally never had a problem with it. I suppose it’s a lot like a snickers or clif bar.. keep them in a good place and you don’t have to worry too much.