It’s been a while since I’ve done full on camera review. I think camera reviews are some of the hardest reviews to do simply because the only thing that really matters is the final product. Are the pictures good and did the camera capture the scence the way you saw it or better? When looking for a backpacking camera I usually even take in to consideration how good is the camera in comparison to other cameras of similar weight and features.
In a backpacking camera I am looking for a few of these essential aspects:
- Picture quality – how good are the pictures and what is “good enough” for the desired trip
- Weight – I would never bring a big full frame Nikon or Canon with me as the weight doesn’t justify the end results (in my opinion)
- Water proofing – Some waterproofing is usually a good idea as the longer I am out the less I care if my gear gets wet.
- usability – This perhaps effects me more than it might others; I come from a background of analog cameras – in face I still use a prefer analog for just about everything. So usability for me is very important, I want a camera to be fun to use.
- Battery life – The longer the battery life the less batteries and recharges I need to bring i.e much less weight.