Ok, I admit, this review has nothing to do with ultralight backpacking – I won’t even bother weighing the Vandal as I can say it’s heavy.. I’m talking almost Kajka heavy (well not really.. 2 kilos to be exact). My motivation for buying the Mission workshop Vandal backpack? I wanted an everyday backpack to replace my 5 different bags that I already had. I wanted the one backpack to “rule them all” sort of speak. I had a different bag and backpack for different occasions:
- for everyday walking around – usually messenger bag that was limited in size, my shoulders would get pretty tired carrying around the weight on one arm
- Gym bag – for that off chance that I might someday start going to the gym again. I this was a duffel bag
- A job bag – for when I want to bring my work computer home
- My travel suitcase – a samsonite carry-on that no matter how long i was gone for this was all I ever had
- Several “beach bags” – for those days when I wanted to head out to the beach, or some other spontaneous activity.