Who doesn’t love a snickers bar? Well other than the odd person here and there that happens to die when they eat peanuts.. but everyone else loves a good snickers bar. These homemade bars might not be the ”real” thing, but according to my super senses.. these are better.
2 dl Brown syrup
3 msk sugar
1 dl Peanut butter
2 dl salted peanuts
1 dl pumpkin seeds
1 dl Sunflower seeds
.5 dl Flax seed
Several pieces of dark chocolate
- Preheat oven at 250 celcius
- Place all the seeds and peanuts in an oven pan
- Roast the nuts and seeds for about 10 minutes
- Boil or cook the brown syrup together with the sugar until it starts to bubble. Let boil for a few minutes then take a small spoon and dip some of the boiling syrup mixture into a cold glass of water. When the syrup becomes hard that’s when the mixture is ready.
- Add the Peanut butter to the syrup mixture and stir until completely melted into the mixture
- Now add the mixture in a bowl together with all the seeds and stir until all the nuts and seeds are completely covered.
- Flatten out the mixture onto baking paper and let cool off
- Melt the chocolate pieces. I prefer to cook a pan of boiling water then put the chocolate pieces in a separate bowl on top of the boiling water.
- Now spread the melted chocolate over the flattened bar mixture
- Once cooled cut into bar shape